For details regarding commissions, please view: ariellejay.com/freelance
OC Guide-BlankPart 1-About:
Place of birth/home town:
(Fill out in first person as the character.)
Hey there! What do you have to say, now that you're taking this interview?
That's great! Now, what do you think of the war?
How about global warming?
What about the government?
Splendid. What's your opinion on physics?
And about chemistry?
Who is your hero from history?
Who is a person you know personally that you consider a hero?
Where's the best place that you've traveled?
Why is your name what it is?
What is your favorite color?
If I were to offer you money, would you take it?
Even if it were counterfeit?
How about $1,000 worth of drugs?
How about that much in alcohol?
What about just some alcohol?
What's the worst thing you've ever do
Notes on Character DevelopmentHey, so here's somethings that I picked up about getting into a character's head, for chara development, and chara contrast w/in a cast. Everything is driven by motivation. If you ever feel like you don't know how a character should act, pick an action then ask yourself "Why does THIS character do that? How would the OTHEr character react in the same situation?" this'll help balance it out so the characters dont' wind too similar.
1. Are the characters internally/externally motivated. Think of it from those writing classes that talked about man vs man conflict, and man vs self conflict.
Ex: A character is victim to a crime. They blame the government for not having done more to prevent it. The source of the conflict is: The government. Therefore they may be externally motivated to improve the government so that doesn't happen again.
Ex: A character witnesses a crime. The government sentences the wrong person to death. The chara feels guilty for having not done more to prove that person'
MEGA Character Profiler+++++++++++++++++++++
Meaning of Name:
Origin of Name:
Level of Expertise:
Dwelling Place/Current Home:
Current Status (Marital/Dating):
General Appearance (RSP Description, for example):
Facial appearance(Includes hair):
Skin color and appearance:
General body build/type/figure:
Distinguishing Features (Tattoos/Scars):
Describe his/her smile (a smile tells alot about a person. Wide grin vs tiny smirk):
Who does s/he take after; mother or father?
Style (Elegant, shabby, etc):
How does s/he dress or what do they typically wear?
Other outfits one might find in their wardrobe:
Huge character profile of completeness TEMPLATEHuge character profile of completeness
This character profile template was made by compiling a whole lot of templates made by other artists that I felt were not specific enough and adding another whole lot of questions to make everything more specific. The links are in the description, please visit their versions too. This profile is ginormous, not every question may be relevant to your character. The main goal is to have a profile that is as complete as it can get, so not every question will need to be filled in. Add and remove as you please. If you think questions should be added, comment and suggest! I won’t bite.
Full birth name:
Meaning of this name:
Who gave them this name?
Why this name?
Does your character like their name?
Do they use their real name?
Why this name?
100Q to Develop a Character100 Questions to Develop a Detailed Character
Ever have trouble deciding what side of an argument your character will take? Do you have trouble remembering small details about your character, and often change them accidentally in the middle of a story? Try this list of one hundred questions to solidify your knowledge of your character. Feel free to use this and post it as its own deviation. Just please link it to me in a comment if you do. Try to answer the questions in as much specific detail as possible. This is for you, so there is no use in cheating on it. I would suggest doing two for each character: one for the beginning of your story, and one for the end, to reflect the changes that happen.
1. What is your character's name? Do they have a nickname?
2. Is your character male or female? What is their sexuality? What role does it play in your story?
3. How old is your character? Does their age matter to them emotionally or socially?
4. How tall is your character? Does it affect the
Character Questionnaire 100 Qs1. What are your names?
2. Do you know why you were named that?
3. What are you?
4. What's your gender?
5. How old are you?
6. What do you think your life expectancy is?
7. What's your height?
8. What's your eye color?
9. How about hair color?
10. Do you think you're attractive?
11. Do you have any features that you want to get rid of, if you could?
12. How would you introduce yourself? If you are famous in your world, how would you introduce yourself to someone who had never heard of you?
13. Have any abilities or powers?
14. Stop being a Mary-sue!
15. What do you usually wear?
16. Do you ever walk around naked?
17. Ever cross-dressed before?
18. What do you wear to bed?
19. What's in your pockets right now?
20. To what social class do you belong?
21. What is your job?
22. What is your lifelong dream?
23. What is your worst nightmare?
24. How honest are you about your thoughts and feelings (i.e. do you hide your true self from others, and in what way)?
25. What's one thing you like an